If your idea of relaxation on an off day entails soaking away like a prune in a heated onsen bath, then not only will we make good friends, but I’ve also got great news for you. Increasingly-popular Joya Onsen Cafe first made waves for its wood-forward, minimalistic aesthetic, and is now offering a limited-time promotion so that anyone who’s been putting off a visit finally has reason to make the trip down.
S$22 for 2 hours — how to make the most of it
Those familiar with onsen etiquette will know that you’re only advised to stay in the hot baths for no more than 45 minutes at a time due to its high temperature. So with a time limit of two hours for your S$22 ticket (U.P. S$38), how then, should you make the most of the time?
I’m no onsen expert, but take it from this enthusiast who’s made it a point to make onsen-visiting a regular affair — even specially paying a visit to an outdoor onsen in Japan’s Kobe prefecture.
With the time that you have on your hands, it’s suggested that you take your dips 25 minutes at a time, stopping for five minutes in between for a quick rest, or to perk yourself up in the ice bath instead. This way, you get to look forward to a total of four dips — enough to relieve you of any tension you came here to rid.
You’ll still get to enjoy your time at the cafe after your session is over and when you’ve returned the keys, so save the snacking for later.
Terms & conditions to note
As with all good deals, there’s a catch. Here are the important conditions you should note before deciding whether to make the trip down:
- You have to bring your own towels as they’re not provided, nor available for rental
- You can opt to stay past the 2-hour mark (time starts from the timing on the receipt), but at a surcharge of S$5 for every 15-minute extension
- Jinbeis or yukatas will not be provided
- This promo is available from Mondays to Fridays only
- This promo only applies to the use of public onsen
- Other discounts & third-party platforms will not be valid for redemption
- Customers can still dine-in at the cafe after returning the keys
All things considered, it may still be a worthy visit so long as you maximise your time there, and walk away feeling more rejuvenated than you were before. Book and find out more here.
This promotion is valid until 31 May 2022, unless otherwise stated by Joya Onsen Cafe.
For more onsen content, check out this ultimate list of 9 onsen spas in Singapore for your soaking pleasure.
For more lifestyle updates like this, subscribe to our Telegram channel at @confirmgood.