Christmas is arguably one of the best holidays because with it come cheery jingles, time with friends and family, and the slew of festive foods that’ll hit you faster than you can say, “Santa’s sleigh”. With the return of the limited-edition FARMHOUSE Peppermint Chocolate Flavoured Milk, here’s a treat for just about anyone sans the caffeine.
The beverage is made with peppermint, chocolate, and wait for it…fresh milk straight from Australia, so you can sweep them off the shelves with a peace of mind knowing that you’ll be getting nothing but a decadent blend made with quality ingredients.
For the caffeine-sensitive, this comes as sweet relief because you can now finally have your own iteration of the seasonal peppermint mocha without actually committing to the coffee element. If you were looking for a Christmas miracle, this may very well be it.
The FARMHOUSE Peppermint Chocolate Flavoured Milk sells at S$3.30 for a 1-litre pack, and S$2.50
for a 490ml pack at most supermarkets, hypermarkets, and participating retail outlets, while
Meanwhile, if you’re looking for ways to jazz up, try these simple recipes so you, too, can be in the great Singaporean bake off.
No Bake Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake
To make the crust:
1. Combine 1/2 cup of Oreo cookie crumbs and 1/2 cup of melted butter in a bowl. Mix together until everything gels well together.
2. Press this mixture firmly into the base of a spring form pan. Refrigerate until stiff.
To make the cheesecake filling:
1. Mix 455g of softened cream cheese and 420ml of the FARMHOUSE Peppermint Chocolate Flavoured Milk using a mixer until it’s combined. For an added kick, you may choose to add in 1/2 tablespoon of peppermint extract and gently mix until it’s all incorporated.
2. Divide batter into two bowls — 1/3 batter in one bowl, 2/3 batter in another bowl.
3. Melt 115g of melted semi-sweet chocolate into the bowl with 2/3 cheesecake filling.
Assembling the cake:
1. Pour this filling mixture into the Oreo crust and smooth into an even layer.
2. Dollop the top of the cake using the filling leftover from the 1/3 batter bowl.
3. Use a toothpick to swirl this mixture over the main cake filling. This creates swirls atop the cheesecake.
4. Top the cake with bits of 1 crushed candy cake and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Peppermint Chocolate Shake
1. Combine 3 scoops of chocolate ice cream, 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 FARMHOUSE Peppermint Chocolate Flavoured Milk, 1/4 cup chocolate mint cookies, and 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract in a blender.
2. Blend until thick and smooth.
3. Add a dollop of whipped cream to taste, and top with mint cookie crumbs. This recipe serves two.
For more lifestyle updates like this, subscribe to our Telegram channel at @confirmgood.
*Top images credit to @msjaniceeats/instagram, Eatbook, & Delish.com.